Core Skills and Real-World Application with the BBC micro:bit and XinaBox
From this page you can access all of the assets referred to in the book. These assets are organised by chapter.
Scroll down the page and click on the chapter heading to link to a page with the associated assets / links.
- Overview / note from author / alternate foreword
- Notes on the foreword (written by Howard Baker – thanks 🙂
- Chapter 1: Introducing Data Science
- Chapter 2: Data Science Goes Digital
- Chapter 3: Experimenting with Weather
- Chapter 4: Working with Large Data Sets
- Chapter 5: Introduction to Data Analysis
- Chapter 6: Introducing IoT to Data Science
- Chapter 7: Using Bluetooth for Data Science
- Chapter 8: Investigating the micro:bit Radio
- Chapter 9: Using Wi-Fi to Connect to the Internet
- Chapter 10: Introduction to Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Chapter 11: Using ML Services
- Chapter 12: Connecting an Edge Device to the IoT Application
- Chapter 13: Consolidating Our Learnings
A great review from BloggedIn.
@Pycro1 really captured the essence of the book, in particular the imperative to use tech “… without having to completely understand the DNA…”. He goes on to say that he would “truly recommend this book…” [to the right target audience of course]” . His blog site is an eclectic mix of all sorts of tech articles; there’s lots of great content to dip into once you’ve read the review.